Thursday, May 21, 2020

A Litany of Ills and Injuries

Aging Gracelessly | d-Infinity
I have been aging less than gracefully.
Understand, I was NEVER graceful in youth, either.
Somewhere, I skipped over the automatizing motor function part. I was no kinda dancer, replacing skill with enthusiasm
But advancing age has found me increasingly troubled with balance matters. Bi-pedal locomotion is considerably more difficult and complex than it might appear.
So, in anticipation of "care" I may now or in the future require, my sister assembled a list of what she and my other sibs knew to be my physical infirmities. In reviewing them, I shall say in advance, I don't know how I manage (badly?)
1. I am a fall risk, with balance issues (but am getting PT for that)
2. I have two stents in the cardiac artery.
3. I have partial occlusion of both carotid arteries.
4. I have (mild) osteoporois.
5. I have sciatica.
6. I have COPD.
7. I have high blood pressure, controlled by meds.
8. I have GERD.
9. I have not-quite crippling peripheral neuropathy in my feet and toes.
10. I have had significant muscle loss, such that when I've fallen, I've had great difficulty getting up.
11. I live alone.
A-Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment