Saturday, July 30, 2016

Another Personal Inventory, with Ships

replica of HMS Surprise at the San Diego Maritime Museum, based on HMS Rose and used in the film.

1. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My father's first name, my mother's family surname in the middle.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
About two years ago when I had to put my big, black dog, Hanna Stella, to sleep.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I concentrate.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Smoked Ham...
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
None
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
That would depend on a LOT of factors. I don't have many "friends."
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
What do YOU think????
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Removed when I was still in single digits, along with adenoids.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Probably. I made two parachute jumps.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I have no favorites. I buy cold cereals and mix 'em up; always add blueberries.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Usually wear slip-ons or sandals
12. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG?
Mentally yes, but my physical strength is waning.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I cannot think of a flavor I don't like.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Intelligence (or lack of same)
15. RED OR PINK?
Navy Blue
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?
I'm lazy. Truly, bone-deep, INDOLENT. It is my worst feature. Lazy as paint.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO RE-POST THIS?
I don't care.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Beige shorts and black thongs.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A bowl of chicken-chipotle-corn-potato chowder.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Dave Brubeck
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Royal Blue
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
The ocean! Roasting green chile, caramelized onions, good weed, castrol at the track, bacon.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Laurelle Danton, DVM.
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
What Yanks call "soccer." The European leagues--La Liga, Ligue Un, Premier League, the Bundesliga, and Serie A--all start their 2016-17 terms within two weeks.
26. HAIR COLOR? REAL?
Real: Grey/white with some remaining blonde.
27. EYE COLOR?
Steel blue.
28. Do you wear contacts?
Nope. Glasses.
29. FAVORITE CUISINE?
New Mexican and south Louisiana.
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
If I watch movies, at all, I like funny ones. I prefer documentaries.
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The most recent Muppet movie, with Frank Langella and Ricky Gervais in it...
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Intricate blues, blacks, and greys in compressed patterns, on a light grey background.
33. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. The heat can be enervating, but I hate the cold....
34. HUGS OR KISSES?
Do I gotta choose?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Flan
36. MOST LIKELY TO COMMENT-
What the FUCK?
37. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
Libertarians.
38. What book are you reading now?
Barthes's "Mythologies,"  Patrick O'Brian's "Reverse of the Medal."
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Big Dog/Big Kahuna.
40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
I didn't watch anything last night.
41. FAVORITE SOUND?
Big surf.
42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
And the Beach Boys.
43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Southeast Asia.
44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I'm told I'm pretty good at talking "on my feet.".
45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Chicago.
Where's # 17?
Fotocredit: By RufusTeleStrat at English Wikipedia, CC BY 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6816969

No comments:

Post a Comment