Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Were you at Woodstock? I wasn't....

 


I was trying to be a sensible person that summer. 

I was 23, outta service, outta school (temporarily, as it turned out) to accommodate the (tacit) wishes of my family, selling cars at a Fiat dealership (also Olds and Cadillac). I drove (tuned) "demos" in parkinglot gymkhannas, and won a few. Had a cool place on a hill above a liquor store, sources for weed, and a sufficiency of willing women. 

I was also JayCee of the Quarter for running the annual Fiesta Plaza green chile hamburger stand and turning a tidy profit. Possibly my highest and greatest "Civic" accomplishment! 

I was drinking way too much (in the intervening 50+ years I've become a "sipper," rather than abstaining totally). I was self-destructive and unhappy, though I probably didn't notice.

I got bettah...

No comments:

Post a Comment