Tuesday, December 28, 2021

At LSU, 1984-5

I immodestly think this may be the best photographic record ever made of my physiognomy. It accompanied a short bio in the LSU Gumbo yearbook in 1985, the year I got the Masters in Journalism (I was 38.). I was teaching writing...I know, right?

In that period, I had a teaching assistantship in the J'School, and I had the chance to possibly have prevented Rod Dreher from continuing his 'journalistic' efforts, as he was in two classes I taught. I've regretted every time I've come across his name in print that he presented me no opportunity for further discouragement.

(Yes, I was wearing a choker. The jacket was salmon-colored denim. The hat was tan, the band was fawn. I had that hat a long time. I was probably wearing jeans and boots.


No comments:

Post a Comment