Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The First Time I Saw Paris

 The first time I visited Paris, I was in the USAF, it was 1966, and I took a four-day pass. I could get there in six hours from my base,


The second morning, I had strategically positioned myself in a cafe near the Arc d'Triomphe, drinking coffee and smoking Gauloise when a young woman came around selling the International Herald Tribune. I purchased one and we chit-chatted. 
She was English and working her way around Europe. 

I went on to the Louvre that day. When I returned to the hostel where I was staying, I saw her in the cafeteria/kitchen. She stayed there, too. We chitchatted some more. She said, if you have a car, I know where there's a great party. 

We went, it was, and one thing led to another: we saw dawn in the car parked around the verge of the Boi du Boulogne.

No comments:

Post a Comment