Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Steeling Myself...

No automatic alt text available.
It is with incredible sadness that I/we recognize the time is coming when I/we shall have to bid adieu to my shaggy, woolly pal and send him on ahead to the Bridge..
He was seen by the Vet, yesterday and the diagnosis is that his hind legs are failing, having lost a LOT of muscle mass. It's something that happens with older/senior pups. We all know how to know when it IS time. That time is coming; though it is not yet here yet, it is not far...
Angela Stell, the driving force behind NMDOG, and Dawn Rivas, who were SMOKY's rescuers, and I, are all in agreement that we will not allow him to become immobile - which would break his spirit & his heart, he deserves better than that.
This is Angela's commentary:
"When we first rescued NOBS.....honestly, I didn't think he would last 3 mos. But because of the incredible care he received w/Dawn - followed by the amazing home he's had w/ Woody....he gave us 2.5 years ❤ That, is miracle, enough, in itself. Not only did he give us 2.5 years...but I am certain they were the best of his whole life & that alone is worth everything in the world.
"I wish things were different but we all knew this time would eventually come....& well, now its here 😞I will be making arrangements tomorrow to have a home euthanasia vet on stand by & Dawn & I will be (alternating) visiting him every other day so we are all on the same page with where he is at. 
"Right now it's all about monitoring NOBEL & wrapping our arms around Woody....I know this fuzzy Koala boy stole his heart. 
"I wish I had better news, but I dont. I hope you all find comfort in knowing you've played a very important role in his life & his coming back from the brink of death.  
"NOBEL did NOT die at the end of that stupid chain & he knew real LOVE, what it means to have family & place to call home. I love you all, I am grateful to each of you for all you have given of yourselves to ensure NOBEL had the best of the best. 
"Thank you for that ❤ Group hug....& some tears.

None of us thought he could/would last this long. I have to share the life-changing  "props" with my glorious tri-paw TASHA who gave him a doggy-reason to carry on. The change in his demeanor when she arrived a year ago was breath-TAKING.
And TASHA will be staying here, as I adopted her back at the beginning of summer.
All my thanks to all those friends, here and on F-book, who have followed, and admired (and loved) him from afar.

3 comments:

  1. Love to you, Woody. Sad times are a-comin' but you can reflect in time that Mr Smokes had a fabulous last 2+ years, and was a VERY lucky pup to land with you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Woody, I'm so very sorry. You have given him the happiness and love he deserved and the companionship of Tasha. For him, it has been everything. Every dog is a heartbreak waiting to happen but they are so worth it. But it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to git to know ya, ol fella...
    ya gonna take d'train
    to Seventh-Heaven, r'ya,
    like dem ol whippa-snapprz?

    ReplyDelete